How to use "antecedent" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "antecedent" in popular movie and book plots
- Odd and extravagant as this tacked-on scene is, it conveys the morality of the film better than the antecedent scenes since every character manages to reveal a saving grace as well as demonstrating the unforgiving harshness of the Nordeste environment which they all share and endure in different ways. - A Dog's Will
- It is notable that the first story arc of Young X-Men echoes a narrative pattern first established with the inception of the New Mutants in their eponymous graphic novel, which was also echoed in the first story arc of New Mutants volume 2, which gave rise to the New X-Men series that is the immediate antecedent for Young X-Men. - Young X-Men
- Like antecedent series, plot elements of Joe 90 include hi-tech gadgetry, rescue operations, secret organisations and criminal or terrorist threats to world security. - Joe 90
Example sentences for "antecedent" in interesting articles
- Even the most optimistic computer scientists considered BASIC a stepping stone to a better, and more expressive, tool.The Killer ApplicationAlan Kay’s Dynabook (L) & Steve Jobs’ iPad (R)Alan Kay’s “Dynabook,” described in detail in 1977, is often cited as the antecedent to today’s tablets because of the device’s form factor and media-rich environment.But looking at the Dynabook’s style misses the substantive philosophical underpinnings of the device. - The Computer Revolution Has yet to Happen
Meaning of "antecedent" in English
- preceding in time or order
- the referent of an anaphor; a phrase or clause that is referred to by an anaphoric pronoun
- a preceding occurrence or cause or event
- someone from whom you are descended (but usually more remote than a grandparent)
- anything that precedes something similar in time
Meaning of "antecedent" in Hindi
- पूर्वज ( Purvaj, poorvaj, purwaz)
- पूर्ववर्ती ( Purvavarti, poorvavartee, purwawarti)
- पूर्वपद ( Purvapad, poorvapad, purwapad)
Synonyms of "antecedent"
Antonyms of "antecedent"
Discuss anything about the word antecedent below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.