How to use "anticipation" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "anticipation" in popular movie and book plots
- The Fabulous Face staff, in anticipation of Flint coming to the spa, have imprisoned his girl friends in cryogenic freezing chambers. - In Like Flint
- They submit their claims to Burgess and begin to recklessly purchase things on credit in anticipation of their future wealth. - The Man That Corrupted Hadleyburg
- Three of Daphne's brothers, Simon, Stephen, and Michael, are in Seattle in anticipation of Daphne's childbirth. - Goodnight, Seattle
- The situation deteriorates quickly and China begins to fortify its northern provinces in anticipation of armed conflict with Russia. - Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
- Two years later, in 1975, the Phnom Penh embassies are being evacuated in anticipation of the arrival of the Khmer Rouge. - The Killing Fields (film)
- A few days later, Helga stops by, ostensibly for candles in anticipation of a predicted thunderstorm. - Deathtrap (film)
- After he has slain the supernatural evils of Earth, Chakan is shown stabbing himself with his sword in anticipation of his promised death. - Chakan: The Forever Man
- The valley's settlers have formed a local militia in anticipation of an imminent war, and Gil joins up. - Drums Along the Mohawk
- The anticipation of this causes Caroline to fall sick. - Shirley (novel)
- Romulus receives this news stoically, declining to mourn, in anticipation of his own impending death. - Romulus the Great
- Creon, in anticipation of Medea’s wrath, arrives and reveals his plans to send her into exile. - Medea (play)
- At his homestead, in a drunken rage, he sets fire to the addition that he has just finished in anticipation of asking Hallie to marry him. - The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
- The gang expresses their anticipation for the latest installment to the franchise,. - Fanboys (film)
- As the heroes disperse, Sonic and his team run off in anticipation of their next adventure. - Sonic Heroes
- The next day, she treats herself to salon treatments and new clothes in anticipation of their date that evening. - Summertime (1955 film)
- While at G2S he became aware of massive backups of data being performed, clearly in anticipation of a major network outage. - The Shockwave Rider
Meaning of "anticipation" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "anticipation" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "anticipation" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "anticipation"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word anticipation below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.