How to use "antique" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "antique" in popular movie and book plots
- Accusing him of burglary, she aims an antique gun at him and accidentally shoots him in the arm. - How to Steal a Million
- The player soon receives a call from Félicienne, Louis' assistant at the antique shop he owns, regarding his latest client, one mr Belleville. - Fade (video game)
- But Céline, Julie, and Madlyn see them as the antique props they are, frozen in place. - Celine and Julie Go Boating
- Philo Vance solves the case based on his knowledge of dog breeding, Chinese porcelain and the annals of remarkable antique crimes. - The Kennel Murder Case
- Being a classic car buff, he's shocked to find that he owns a collection of priceless antique automobiles. - Mr. Destiny
- While there, Larry becomes romantically interested in a local girl named Gwen Conliffe (Evelyn Ankers), who runs an antique shop. - The Wolf Man (1941 film)
- They find a curiosity shop where the shopkeeper offers them an antique gilded crystal bowl. - The Golden Bowl
- As Poirot and Hastings enter the Doctor's flat, Poirot notices that the antique Persian rug has had a nail driven through it. - The Big Four (novel)
- This provokes Dolarhyde, who kidnaps Lounds and glues him to an antique wheelchair. - Red Dragon (film)
- Rudd retaliates by shooting Riggs in the back multiple times with an antique Broomhandle Mauser pistol. - Lethal Weapon 2
- Now with no usable engine, Weech decides to get the antique Thunderbolt from the museum. - The Titfield Thunderbolt
- lt Sulu finds an antique Colt Police Positive revolver and later is attacked by a katana-wielding samurai. - Shore Leave (Star Trek: The Original Series)
- Randall Peltzer, a struggling inventor, visits a Chinatown antique store in the hope to find a Christmas present for his son Billy. - Gremlins
- When questioned about the car, the gent admits that the antique contraption is haunted and that the owner is compelled to tell the truth. - The Whole Truth (The Twilight Zone)
- The bullet that killed Drake likely came from an antique gun, and Nick knows Janet's father is an avid collector. - Song of the Thin Man
- Eugene's writer's block seems to have been cured and he begins composing on an antique typewriter. - Until the End of the World
Meaning of "antique" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "antique" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "antique" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "antique"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word antique below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.