How to use "antithesis" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "antithesis" in popular movie and book plots
- In the company is Gloria Cromwell (Nazimova), the antithesis of Jane Goring. - Madame Peacock
- This place is certainly an antithesis for all those who believe that education is the one solution to all social evils. - Thambi Vettothi Sundaram
- He tells fellow Green Lantern Sinestro that Earth is foretold to be the, "birthplace of the Black, the antithesis of the emotional spectrum". - Green Lantern: Secret Origin
- Arathi assumes a larger-than-life good samaritan character, which is presumably the very antithesis of a jilted lover. - Bili Hendthi
- One day Tina, (Rani Mukerji), enrolls at the Farm because she had nowhere to go, and she was the antithesis of Angie. - Koochie Koochie Hota Hai
- A review in The Age characterizes Spring as the antithesis of Helen Fielding's fictional character Bridget Jones. - The Thing About Jane Spring
- Julia is glamorous, sophisticated, exuberant, and popular—the very antithesis of the new Carmen. - Forever in Blue: The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood
- Kannan is an antithesis of Rajinikanth; he is a god fearing, amiable, domesticated young man. - Gauravam (1973 film)
- Parimal loves playing pranks and is the antithesis of regular professors. - Chupke Chupke
- Carrie was the total antithesis of Ross' character. - Guiding Light (1980–89)
- Ria is the antithesis of Ajay & uses her charm to get her work done. - Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani
- She heals warts, birds and butterflies and is the total antithesis of her clan. - Way Station (novel)
- Navin is in every way the antithesis of Sanjay: He is very punctual and looks after her during her stay in Mumbai. - Rajnigandha
- Contrarily, Saint Dane is a spirit arisen from the dark antithesis of Solara. - Pendragon: Journal of an Adventure through Time and Space
- This relatively unsympathetic character was the antithesis of Tom Good. - Ever Decreasing Circles
- Grey is attempting to maintain military discipline among the prisoners and sees the King as the antithesis of his beliefs. - King Rat (Clavell novel)
Meaning of "antithesis" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "antithesis" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "antithesis" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "antithesis"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word antithesis below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.