How to use "apartheid" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "apartheid" in popular movie and book plots
- Robben Island is a prison ran by South Africa's apartheid regime. - More than Just a Game
- It is 1989, and the struggle against apartheid has reached its peak. - Otelo Burning
- He realises that there is a connection between Ralston and the South African apartheid government. - Send Him Victorious
- Duma's passion for resisting apartheid inspires PK, and he begins teaching English at a rural African school. - The Power of One (film)
- Set in Port Elizabeth, South Africa, during the early apartheid days. - Master Harold...and the Boys (2010 film)
- Both work together to confront the harsh reality of apartheid and what it is doing to both white and black South Africans. - Cry, the Beloved Country (1951 film)
- She was arrested as a teenager for having a black boyfriend, breaking the apartheid laws. - Red Dust (2004 film)
- For example, they try out apartheid and communism. - L (novel)
- Grief and Mrs Stellenbosch are both revealed to be South African, and supporters of the apartheid regime. - Point Blanc
- Nxumalo frequently fights the racism and apartheid that is beginning to creep into his hometown. - Drum (2004 film)
- The final scene depicts Mandela's 1990 release from prison and during the negotiations to end apartheid in South Africa. - Malcolm X (1992 film)
Meaning of "apartheid" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "apartheid" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "apartheid" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "apartheid"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word apartheid below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.