How to use "appointed" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "appointed" in popular movie and book plots
- John Pope is appointed as the military governor, puts down the revolt, and imposes martial law. - How Few Remain
- In the war's aftermath, Robotnik was to be appointed Minister of Science. - Sonic the Hedgehog (TV series)
- After finding out his girlfriend is the daughter of Sir James Burgess, an evil industrialist, he is appointed Burgess' personal assistant. - O Lucky Man!
- He is on course to become a Queen's Counsel and people are already talking of his being appointed a judge. - Victim (1961 film)
- In 2006, Xan Lyppiatt, Theo's rich and charismatic cousin, appointed himself of England in the last General Election. - The Children of Men
- At the appointed hour, a group of people gather around the pendulum for an arcane ritual. - Foucault's Pendulum
- At midnight of the appointed date, mr Scratch arrives and is greeted by Webster, presenting himself as Stone's attorney. - The Devil and Daniel Webster
- At the appointed time, Denton faces his challenger, Pete Grant, a brash young gunfighter. - Mr. Denton on Doomsday
- As the appointed time nears, Bookman distracts Death by beginning a sales pitch. - One for the Angels
- Holley is appointed the new squad leader, and partnered with Layton, while Pop Stazak is paired with Hansan (Herbert Anderson). - Battleground (film)
- Soon afterward, Lightcap is appointed to the Supreme Court. - The Talk of the Town (1942 film)
- Harriet's parents speak with her teacher and the headmistress, and Harriet is appointed editor of the class newspaper, replacing Marion. - Harriet the Spy
- When the old governor is unable to contain the pirate menace, Colonel Bishop is appointed governor. - Captain Blood (1935 film)
- Rand al'Thor is appointed a Warder by Elayne Trakand, Aviendha, and Min Farshaw; and later kills most of the Asha'man traitors in Far Madding. - Winter's Heart
- Victim Umberto Chessari is appointed to replace Ezio. - Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom
- He appointed Hans Jüttner, director of the SS Leadership Main Office, as his deputy, and began to fill top Reserve Army posts with SS men. - Heinrich Himmler
Meaning of "appointed" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "appointed" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "appointed" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "appointed"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word appointed below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.