How to use "apprehensive" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "apprehensive" in popular movie and book plots
- Wally is at first apprehensive about running, until he realises it is the only way to save the meatworks. - The Honourable Wally Norman
- She is pregnant, but is apprehensive to tell her husband as he against having children. - Prophecy (film)
- Although apprehensive to get her husband at first, she quickly fetches her husband when Jean greases her palm. - Queen of the Amazons
- Zozi is apprehensive about Ivan's ring and agrees with Ludmilla, that the ring should be returned. - Bartok the Magnificent
- Before it is consummated, Tiresias comes to tell Oedipus he is apprehensive about the marriage. - The Infernal Machine (play)
- As Sarah's demands increase, Steven's apprehensive wife begins to be won over. - The Muse (1999 film)
- Despite Osborne's suspicious and apprehensive feelings towards him, they form a relationship. - The Big Easy (film)
- The simple rural folk become apprehensive about Nebogipfel's activities in the house and suspect him of witchcraft. - The Chronic Argonauts
- After spilling coffee onto her white shirt, Buffy is apprehensive and sends Dawn to befriend Cassie. - Help (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
- The whispering conspirators return, apprehensive that their whispers from the opening scene were overheard. - The Rehearsal (play)
- Andrei is delighted to be reunited with their father and Ivan is apprehensive towards the man whom they know only from a faded photograph. - The Return (2003 film)
- Elsewhere in Niagara Falls, Chloe is apprehensive about marrying Mark and can't stop thinking of Jimmy. - Bubble Boy (film)
- The blind woman, mrs Reed, wants Claire to come visit her, but Claire is apprehensive and negative. - Many, Many Monkeys
- It is only when Captain America is unveiled to the world (Captain America #1) that Sheldon becomes less apprehensive about the Marvels. - Marvels
- Mitch and Mickey (particularly Mitch) are very apprehensive about how it will go. - A Mighty Wind
- The skull is apprehensive since only three others (Emperor T'ang, Chou the Rouge and Crazy Ch'i) have returned from the trip. - The Story of the Stone (Barry Hughart)
Meaning of "apprehensive" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "apprehensive" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "apprehensive" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "apprehensive"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word apprehensive below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.