How to use "arid" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "arid" in popular movie and book plots
- The bond has forced him to accept a post to the tiny school at Tiboonda, a remote township in the arid Australian Outback. - Wake in Fright
- The Water Guardian lies in Zariban, a desert land once fertile but rendered arid by the over-processing of energy stones. - Arc the Lad (video game)
- Genetic engineering on trees was conducted at a research facility on the Moon to produce trees capable of growing in harsh, arid conditions. - Origin: Spirits of the Past
- ground force's assaults against Rahil’s troops and track him from the southern mountain ranges to the wastes of the arid badlands. - Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2: Summit Strike
- Searle has long wanted to settle in England to escape what he considers his arid life in America. - A Passionate Pilgrim
- When he visits the Winslow ranch, he finds it a poor, arid place. - Colorado Territory (film)
- He is left with only the company of Marcus's corpse, to whom he is handcuffed, in the desolate, arid waste of Death Valley. - McTeague
- Tom is pushed off the stagecoach, whereupon a frantic Sarah plants a stake into the arid dirt near the starting line. - Cimarron (1960 film)
- Those who choose to remain on the arid Northeast plains of Brazil try to get by as best they can. - Red Field
- We see Sentain collapse in the arid salt flats. - Beau Travail
- Limbus is known as the "planet of death", as voyagers never return; its surface is arid and rocky, with sparse vegetation. - Anachronox
- The two ships follow pulses of energy sent from the array to a nearby arid planet. - Caretaker (Star Trek: Voyager)
- It was a seemingly useless, arid landscape far from civilization, until the discovery of the mineral Notum, unique to Rubi-Ka. - Anarchy Online
- There is the lush and green Palma, the arid and barren Motavia, and finally, the icy and desolate Dezoris. - Phantasy Star (video game)
- The nuns have essentially no money and subsist by living off the land, on what vegetables the arid climate provides, and some milk and eggs. - Lilies of the Field (1963 film)
- On the arid desert planet, they find themselves in a pyramid-like structure. - Stargate (film)
Meaning of "arid" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "arid" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "arid" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "arid"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word arid below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.