How to use "armistice" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "armistice" in popular movie and book plots
- There was a ceasefire if one or two of the other CPUs were recruited to stop the main enemy, Arfoire, but no armistice took place afterwards. - Hyperdimension Neptunia (video game)
- But after the armistice ends the fighting, the men begin to come home to their families. - The Other Man's Wife
- After the battle, news of an armistice agreement reaches both sides, and celebrations start. - The Front Line (2011 film)
- The two men get a boat and start rowing, but then the woman runs up and tells them that an armistice has been signed, so they turn around. - The Last Chance (1945 film)
- Frederic arrives, and just as an armistice between Italy and Austria-Hungary is announced, Catherine tragically dies, with him at her side. - A Farewell to Arms (1932 film)
- The fighting stops at eleven o’clock in the morning of 1940 Mar 13, when the armistice takes effect. - The Winter War (film)
- Tension increases when the armistice occurs and the others in the unit wish to return home to the United States, but Endore does not. - War Hunt
- It continues to ring until the day the armistice is signed, when the German officers finally leave the chateau. - Mademoiselle Fifi (short story)
- An armistice is concluded but Cossack attacks continue. - With Fire and Sword
- Herman drafts the armistice treaty, which states that Nelson will retain his position and name, but will not hold any actual power. - Bart the General
- is forced to sign an armistice with them. - The Animatrix
Meaning of "armistice" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "armistice" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "armistice" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "armistice"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word armistice below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.