How to use "assert" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "assert" in popular movie and book plots
- Gentle Harold tries to avoid conflict with his parents while Gwen tenderly encourages him to assert his claim to an equal share of the ranch. - Track of the Cat
- Nikos, Bartolomeo soon discovers, knew about Bartolomeo's involvement and used it to his advantage and assert himself as captain. - Ship of Fools (Russo novel)
- To Hunt's dismay, the PAX leaders assert their pacifist nature and intentions. - Genesis II (film)
- They assert that the job will earn them all, a large sum of money for very little risk. - Jesse James (1939 film)
- But Sisko and Major Kira assert that since the station actually belongs to the Bajoran people, the Bajorans have jurisdiction. - Dax (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)
- The detectives assert that Martin and Susan were working together to allow Martin to steal a toy. - Twisted Nerve
- However, Toofan's principal aims are to assert his father's innocence and avenge his father's death. - Toofan (1989 film)
- Both of his friends assert that the intensity of the emergency was such that they hadn't had time to listen to them. - The Tholian Web
- Thirteen years have passed since the Reckoners appeared, and civilization is once more attempting to assert itself in small, isolated pockets. - Deadlands: Hell on Earth
- They assert that there is a need for a practical document that distills the means to a spiritual life. - Bhagavata Purana
- After being bailed out by Limbaugh later that day, Brian continues to assert his conservatism. - Excellence in Broadcasting
- As everyone else is hurrying to assert that they would of course not inform, Shatov gets up and leaves, followed by Stavrogin and Kirillov. - Demons (Dostoyevsky novel)
- The idea of determinism is explored—as it is in many of his previous works—to assert that people really have no free will. - Timequake
- They assert that they do not see him as a white man, but as a Sioux warrior called Dances With Wolves. - Dances with Wolves
- However some others assert that, in such actions, Tresckow had to act out of principle to continue with his coup plans. - 20 July plot
- The Emperor feels the need to assert his own authority over the Black Ghoul. - Orgy of the Dead
Meaning of "assert" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "assert" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "assert" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "assert"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word assert below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.