How to use "assume" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "assume" in popular movie and book plots
- Pai's father refuses to assume traditional leadership; instead he moves to Germany to pursue a career as an artist. - Whale Rider
- Players assume the role of hero Link, a young boy living with his uncle south of Hyrule Castle. - The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
- Believing that Sabian and the police cannot resolve the situation, the FBI assume jurisdiction over the operation. - The Negotiator
- She and the sailor assume "mannequin" postures, and grow rigid. - The After Hours
- As the townspeople assume she is dead, Lionel tranquilizes her to keep her still for the funeral. - Braindead (film)
- The Dashwoods soon learn that Miss Steele has become mrs Ferrars and assume that she is married to Edward. - Sense and Sensibility (film)
- Suzanne beats both of them up effortlessly and Jay and Silent Bob assume the roles of their characters. - Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
- Catherine is terrified, but Archbishop Cranmer advises her to assume a modest, humble, apologetic pose to the king, and Henry forgives her. - The Six Wives of Henry VIII (BBC TV series)
- After examining the logbook, the doctors assume they are dealing with the plague. - Nosferatu
- They assume that Sandra posted bond, but Joan Raymond (Jane Randolph), an undercover investigator for the insurance company, did so. - Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein
- The Enterprise crew sees Cochrane as a legend, but the real man is reluctant to assume his historical role. - Star Trek: First Contact
- Most assume that the car is drug-related, because the bounty is so far above the actual value of the car. - Repo Man (film)
- When the tape is sent to Woolton, he is led to assume that Samuels is behind the scheme and backs Urquhart in the contest. - House of Cards (UK TV series)
- Many Tool Time viewers assume that the accidents on the show are done on purpose, to demonstrate the consequences of using tools improperly. - Home Improvement (TV series)
- He admits knowing the victim from three years ago when he sold her a story, but they assume the two have been having an affair. - Young and Innocent
- When Major dies, two young pigs, Snowball and Napoleon, assume command and consider it a duty to prepare for the Rebellion. - Animal Farm
Meaning of "assume" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "assume" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "assume" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "assume"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word assume below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.