How to use "assumption" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "assumption" in popular movie and book plots
- The story ends on the assumption that Götterdämmerung takes the fall for the murder series. - Wolfen (film)
- Angered by Cosby's assumption that his entire act was nothing but "filth flarn filth," Murphy calls Richard Pryor for advice. - Eddie Murphy Raw
- The story is continued in the sequel, WWE Day of Reckoning 2, though under the assumption that the superstar chose Raw. - WWE Day of Reckoning
- Caleigh is revealed to actually be a demon tempting people to come free her for years on the assumption that eventually someone would succeed. - The Bard's Tale (2004 video game)
- Under the assumption that Peach herself is trying to find the Crystal Stars, he uses the map in an attempt to locate her. - Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
- Relieved, she goes home, dispelled of her assumption that "one kiss can get you pregnant". - Mermaids (1990 film)
- There is not any assumption that violence will ensue. - Appointment in Samarra
- The assumption is that after a few generations of cloning, the people will be able to revert to traditional biological reproduction. - Where Late the Sweet Birds Sang
- However, she nurtures him through his recovery, despite his despair and assumption that she will abandon him. - Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story
- After calling for Simpson and hearing no reply, Yates made the assumption that Simpson had died and so continued down the mountain alone. - Touching the Void
- Asian Americans did not appreciate the assumption that they should identify with the characters simply based on the fact that they were Asian. - All-American Girl (1994 TV series)
- As a result of this incident, Jay and Silent Bob assault the mall's Easter Bunny, under the incorrect assumption that he attacked Brodie. - Mallrats
- The two go back to Izu with the assumption that Sadako is dead and her vengeful spirit (Onryō) killed the teenagers. - Ring (film)
- Medavoy, and Sipowicz's promotion to Sergeant, and later assumption of command over the 15th. - NYPD Blue
- The court awards custody to Joanna, a decision mostly based on the assumption that a child is best raised by his mother. - Kramer vs. Kramer
- Instead, he chooses to believe the assumption by others that he is an Englishman based on the sound of his voice. - The English Patient
Meaning of "assumption" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "assumption" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "assumption" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "assumption"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word assumption below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.