How to use "astonishment" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "astonishment" in popular movie and book plots
- Under her kindly tutelage, Heidi finally learns how to read, to the astonishment of the tutor who has struggled for months to do the same. - Heidi, Girl of the Alps
- The Freelings flee Cuesta Verde while the house implodes into the portal, to the astonishment of onlookers. - Poltergeist (1982 film)
- Bartleby watches in astonishment as the eccentric student from earlier makes his interest in psychokinetic explosion a reality. - Accepted
- D'Ghor challenges Quark to a duel to the death, and to everyone's astonishment Quark shows up for the fight. - The House of Quark
- Nash can decipher the code mentally, to the astonishment of other decrypters. - A Beautiful Mind (film)
- He can’t help but start singing the Song and sings so well that the crowds turn astonishment to appreciation and admiration. - Song of Freedom
- When Cordelia wakes up, she has another vision - and to everyone's astonishment she experiences no pain. - Birthday (Angel)
- The following morning the passengers awake to find to their astonishment that the ship is deserted. - Asterix in Corsica
- Just before being shot, Bexy expresses astonishment and disbelief Yeti has a gun and say's 'Oh, come on. - The Firm (1989 film)
- Upon reaching he finds to his astonishment that his brother-in-law ("bhava" in Kannada) has died. - Bangaarada Manushya
- Typically, Mike tells Joyce she's overreacting and actually sympathizes with the young man, much to Joyce's astonishment and aggravation. - The Ruffian on the Stair
- Much to sadness and astonishment of the other drivers, the realm closes, with Wylde seemingly still inside. - Hot Wheels AcceleRacers
- He piles them up on the table and tries to count them, but finds to his astonishment that this is impossible. - Blue Tigers
- After disposing of Sully's body, Terry returns to Los Angeles and finds to his astonishment that Jessie has returned to Jake. - Against All Odds (1984 film)
- Lydia also reflects upon the wonders of city life, with astonishment and excitement. - The Expedition of Humphry Clinker
- Belloq and the others look on in astonishment as the apparitions are suddenly revealed to be angels of death. - Raiders of the Lost Ark
Meaning of "astonishment" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "astonishment" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "astonishment" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "astonishment"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word astonishment below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.