How to use "astringent" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "astringent" in popular movie and book plots
- Nikhil emerges from the balcony hearing the phone ring, and bathes the cuts on his face with astringent as he talks to his daughter, currently at Nana-Nani’s. - Let's Talk (2002 film)
- This outrages Lois, deciding to go to Goldman's Pharmacy the next day and get some astringent to get rid of Doug. - Brian the Bachelor
Meaning of "astringent" in English
- tending to draw together or constrict soft organic tissue
- sour or bitter in taste
- a drug that causes contraction of body tissues and canals
Meaning of "astringent" in Hindi
- खट्टा ( Khatta, khattaa)
- कसैला ( Kasaila, kasailaa)
- कटु ( Katu)
- कषाय ( Kashay, kashaay)
Synonyms of "astringent"
- astringent drug
Antonyms of "astringent"
Discuss anything about the word astringent below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.