How to use "astute" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "astute" in popular movie and book plots
- Seeing their fear, and noting Lois' her astute insights, Superman asks Lois to be his political conscience. - Superman: Earth One
- Unlike the men with whom she involved herself, Maggie is financially astute and has invested wisely. - Death of a Hussy
- After reading the story by Kamyshev it becomes clear to the astute publisher (Olegar Fedoro) who was Olga's real murderer. - A Hunting Accident
- Suzanne defends Herbie, with the help of an astute journalist and a police officer who has access to documents that she wouldn't otherwise. - The Modular Man
- Karn is astute enough to understand that Sarchimus did not rescue him for altruistic reasons. - When the Green Star Calls
- He also befriends an astute Afghan horse-dealer named Mahbub Ali (Bryan Brown), a British Secret Service agent, who helps him with his task. - Kim (1984 film)
- Miss Jane Hathaway is an astute pillar of a quaint coastal community, where her house sets atop a hill. - Lavender and Old Lace
- Singaperumal (Murali), an astute police officer, is promoted to the position of Director General of Police (DGP). - Gemini (2002 Tamil film)
- Dixie again seeks a divorce, but the astute judge denies it. - Lady Be Good (1941 film)
- Through a series of astute investigations, he unearths the truth. - Khud-Daar
- With the money, suitably increased by some astute gambling, he plans to found a cat ranch in America. - Buttercup Day
- This sets up a conflict in Cordier, that he might not be the astute judge of character that his title indicates. - Diary of a Madman (film)
- Brydon has begun to realize that he might have been an astute businessman if he hadn't forsaken moneymaking for a more leisurely life. - The Jolly Corner
- Business was good, and through astute investments in the stock market, Erik and Darius prospered. - The Phantom of Manhattan
- The narrator, a writer for a literary newspaper, prides himself on his astute review of Hugh Vereker's latest novel. - The Figure in the Carpet
- The king takes a particular liking to Button Bright, whom he considers astute and clever due to his tabula rasa-like mind. - The Road to Oz
Meaning of "astute" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "astute" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "astute" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "astute"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word astute below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.