How to use "atone" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "atone" in popular movie and book plots
- After much hesitation, the Baron decides to do so, perhaps to atone for his crimes. - The Terror (1963 film)
- Casey's daughter probably took it there to atone for her father's sins and the nuns were ignorant of its ownership and ancient history. - The Labours of Hercules
- The Koreans flee with the princess, determined to return her safely to the Chinese capital, Nanjing, to atone for their diplomatic failure. - Musa (film)
- When this fails, Butters suggests he might need to atone for all the terrible things he has done. - The Death of Eric Cartman
- They advise her to go on "probation" so as to "grow up", "be a woman", and atone for her mistakes. - Hotel du Lac
- Andrei decides to give up painting and takes a vow of silence to atone for killing another man. - Andrei Rublev (film)
- She follows Steini to the roof, who offers to jump to atone for his actions. - The Princess and the Warrior
- At the same time the Dark Knight has desperately tried to reach Jason in an effort to atone for his past failures. - Batman: Hush
- However, Jake called it quits and returned to the United States when his wife died, and Sunti became a Buddhist monk to atone for his sins. - Belly of the Beast
- King wishes to atone for his own crimes against humans and hopes for them to be friends if they were to meet in the future. - Mega Man & Bass
- Pete is committed to making a difference for humanity that will atone for his brother's death and help millions of others, too. - The Truth Machine
- To atone for his sin, Frollo reluctantly agrees to raise the deformed child in Notre Dame as his son, naming him Quasimodo. - The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1996 film)
- Littell offers them the mob's price to atone for their theft: Kill President Kennedy. - American Tabloid
- Davidson still refuses, saying she must atone for her past. - Sadie Thompson
- Orin insists that they must atone for Mother's death. - Mourning Becomes Electra
- Ordeals, having vowed to atone for his misdeeds. - Final Fantasy IV
Meaning of "atone" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "atone" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "atone" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "atone"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word atone below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.