How to use "avant-garde" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "avant-garde" in popular movie and book plots
- But Rallo's avant-garde design ideas conflict with Donna's traditional ideas. - Turkey Pot Die
- She has become an avant-garde dancer and invites both Niko and Matze to a play that she is performing in later that night. - A Coffee In Berlin
- Evan is an avant-garde painter from a prominent family, and his fiercely passionate nature and reckless ways captivate Hesper. - The Hearth and Eagle
- Peter, a highly demanding with borderline personality who believes is creating avant-garde theatre. - The Director (play)
- Then I show various situations, by using cinematic techniques, us applied by French avant-garde directors in the 1920s and 1930s. - On Top of the Whale
- His first avant-garde effort features Melisse, who soon becomes Tony's lover and moves in with him. - Cover Me Babe
- Don, she learns, is now a successful painter, even all the way to Paris, although he is considered avant-garde more than anything. - Coming, Eden Bower!
- The administrator is deeply resentful of his liberated wife, an artist who works in an avant-garde style similar to Manet. - The Venus of Konpara
- To this end he hires Friar, a blacklisted (in the United States, for his communist tendencies), alcoholic, avant-garde filmmaker. - The Apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz (novel)
- One such deal is a venture into dealing modern art, with the aid of Stanislas (Louis Nye), a cynical avant-garde painter. - The Wheeler Dealers
- The film is "experimental" in both the scientific and artistic sense, and is considered an avant-garde film. - Marilyn Times Five
- The "human" Sordi is in love with Dorian (Linda Saunders), an avant-garde ballerina and Daisy's former roommate. - Blood Bath
- She travels to Paris, where she meets Larry Flint (Paul Newman), an avant-garde artist who is driving a taxi. - What a Way to Go!
- His career, from a financial perspective, dwindles, but he becomes a respected avant-garde artist. - The Owl in Daylight
- Years before, the two shared a dream of fleeing slow suburban death to live in avant-garde splendor in Paris. - Metroland (film)
- He plans to bring the gold ashore in broad daylight as part of a scene in an avant-garde film. - After the Fox
Meaning of "avant-garde" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "avant-garde" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "avant-garde" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "avant-garde"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word avant-garde below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.