How to use "avert" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "avert" in popular movie and book plots
- To avert this, they have agreed to split the country – Polyneices allows Eteocles to rule for one year. - The Phoenician Women
- In order to avert attention from the many presidential lapses, the members of Fletcher's inner circle have become ruthless beyond imagination. - A Planet for the President
- Chisholm has also fallen in love with Gloria Perkins and only proposed to Viola to avert attention from his association with Gloria. - Oh My Darling Daughter
- Fortunately, Ruth always knows when he is and can travel through time to avert the growing political crisis. - The White Dragon (novel)
- To avert danger he is bound over to a week's silence by Sindibad, leader of the Seven Wise Masters. - Seven Wise Masters
- As the train speeds out of control, Rebecca and Billy apply the brakes and avert its course towards an abandoned building. - Resident Evil Zero
- Amadopoulos and Homer go to the control room, and Amadopoulos asks Homer to avert the meltdown. - Homer Defined
- The Doctor is shocked to realise that he has been sent by the Time Lords to avert this situation. - Attack of the Cybermen
- Prior to the deal, he is warned to not sabotage the deal in order to avert police attention. - Never Die Alone
- Poirot intervened with sleeping pills in Hastings' hot chocolate that night, to avert a disastrous rash action. - Curtain (novel)
- But it is too late to arrest the decline of the Egyptian polity and to avert the eventual fall of the Egyptian civilization. - Pharaoh (novel)
- Dorilys is able to avert the attack. - Stormqueen!
- The climax comes when Arthur has the chance to insert an article that would avert history, to stop the presses at The Hour. - The Inheritors (Conrad and Ford novel)
- Roberta expects Clyde to marry her to avert the shame of an unwed pregnancy, but Clyde now dreams instead of marrying Sondra. - An American Tragedy
- Scudder explains that he has faked his own death in order to avert suspicion. - The Thirty-Nine Steps
- (a light disguise for Bensons, where Sayers worked) to investigate a mystery and avert a scandal. - Murder Must Advertise
Meaning of "avert" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "avert" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "avert" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "avert"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word avert below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.