How to use "avoid" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "avoid" in popular movie and book plots
- Harriman seeks to avoid government ownership of the Moon. - The Man Who Sold the Moon
- They intended to let Bonanno off easily as well, wanting to avoid a repetition of the bloodbaths of the 1930s. - Joseph Bonanno
- Short recommends parking all aircraft at the base on the runways and not in their hangars so as best to avoid sabotage by enemy agents. - Tora! Tora! Tora!
- In conclusion, he transports his wealth overland to England to avoid travelling by sea. - Robinson Crusoe
- Kuja and Zidane are Genomes, and Kuja turned against Garland to avoid being taken over at the conclusion of the plan. - Final Fantasy IX
- Later that afternoon, Jean-Paul approaches Kate and urges her to convince Luc to return the necklace anonymously to avoid jail. - French Kiss (1995 film)
- After a flare-up of a kidney disorder, Reed is warned to avoid excessive travel or stress, but he decides to take the same path. - Reds (film)
- Toad soon tires of the realities of camp life, and sleeps in the following day to avoid chores. - The Wind in the Willows
- on a country road, with his learner's permit in his pocket" and that he "swerved, to avoid a porcupine". - Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
- But he knows that Nemo would never let him escape, so he has to avoid meeting him. - Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea
- They must avoid tsunamis, more earthquakes, roving mobs and flying saucers to survive. - The Wanderer (Leiber novel)
- FBI agents arrive at Shawshank and take Hadley into custody, while Norton commits suicide by shooting himself to avoid his arrest. - The Shawshank Redemption
- to stop trying to combat Hive, and avoid that future from coming to pass. - The Singularity (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.)
- publishes the scandal in a local tabloid – to the dismay of Bletch, who presumably wants to avoid negative press on the cast. - Meet the Feebles
- She is bound by custom to wear black and avoid conversation with young men. - Gone with the Wind (novel)
- Congressman Stoneman leaves to avoid being connected with lt lt Lynch's crackdown. - The Birth of a Nation
Meaning of "avoid" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "avoid" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "avoid" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "avoid"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word avoid below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.