How to use "ban" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "ban" in popular movie and book plots
- Stunned by this development, Kittridge finally allows Kelly to close the park and ban all hunters. - Grizzly (film)
- Its publicity is muted by Hearst's ban on its mention in all his publications, and its commercial success is limited. - RKO 281
- Making things worse, Colorado has passed a statewide ban on fireworks. - Summer Sucks
- To his dismay, the government puts a ban on stem cell research immediately afterward. - Kenny Dies
- Judge Snyder then declares the ban over and dives in with everyone else. - Sweets and Sour Marge
- At home, Marge becomes concerned over Bart's interest in the Catholic Church, mainly due to the Catholic ban on birth control. - The Father, the Son, and the Holy Guest Star
- When they protest, he threatens to ban them from eating the food his mother makes, something that immediately convinces them. - Damien (South Park)
- Another clue was that her yard, in the midst of a ban on watering, was incredibly lush and verdant. - Repairman Jack
- Kirk violates his ban from the city and secretly beams down to Vanna's holding cell. - The Cloud Minders
- The bloodthirsty Tlotoxl begins to suspect Barbara is not Yetaxa returned, especially because she is trying to ban human sacrifice. - The Aztecs (Doctor Who)
- Virgil, unable to tolerate lawlessness, becomes the new marshal and imposes a weapons ban within the city limits. - Tombstone (film)
- As the townsfolk become more colorful, a ban on "colored" people is initiated in public venues. - Pleasantville (film)
- But she is refused permission to bring the mortadella into the country because of the ban on meat that may contain food-borne diseases. - Lady Liberty (film)
- Gorov, however, is met with resistance by Askone's governing Elders due to traditional taboos that effectively ban advanced technology. - Foundation (Isaac Asimov novel)
- They find a total ban on all liquids, but enter easily as the CTX and weapons were already planted in the stadium beforehand. - Shiri (film)
- In Christmas Spirit, broadcast on 23 December 2010, Satan decides to ban Christmas. - Old Harry's Game
Meaning of "ban" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "ban" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "ban" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "ban"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word ban below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.