How to use "banquet" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "banquet" in popular movie and book plots
- Later, on Thanksgiving, the Irish are all murdered in a hotel banquet room as they sit down to eat Thanksgiving dinner. - Batman: The Long Halloween
- Nero organizes a banquet in his honour at which he must play the lyre. - The Romans (Doctor Who)
- Baron Shinkawa gives a banquet at his villa in Karuizawa. - Runaway Horses
- One Trinity Sunday, the king holds a banquet in Caerleon to which Sir Launfal, because of his poverty, is not invited. - Sir Launfal
- The first scene of the poem describes a banquet at the Tsar's palace. - The Song of the Merchant Kalashnikov
- However, Pallas intervenes and informs them that Lardella is actually alive and they should have a banquet in place of the funeral. - The Rehearsal (play)
- To celebrate 'his' victory, Claudius orders a lavish banquet to be held in his honour. - The Eagle's Conquest
- After Banquo appears at a banquet as a ghost, Macbeth seeks out the witches, who are performing a nude ritual. - Macbeth (1971 film)
- A banquet is prepared, but it is interrupted by the two-headed giant Thunderdel chanting "Fee, fau, fum". - Jack the Giant Killer
- The celebratory outdoor banquet is interrupted by heavy rain. - Passport to Pimlico
- King Azaz hosts them at a banquet where the guests literally eat their words, served to them on plates. - The Phantom Tollbooth
- Jett staggers into the banquet hall, takes his seat of honor, and passes out on the table. - Giant (1956 film)
- Many years ago, at a banquet in Corinth, a man drunkenly accused Oedipus of not being his father's son. - Oedipus Rex
- Following the crucifixion, Marcellus takes part in a banquet attended by Pontius Pilate. - The Robe
- On her way down the yellow brick road, Dorothy attends a banquet held by a Munchkin man named Boq. - The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
- Having driven away the intruders, Toad holds a banquet to mark his return, during which (for a change) he behaves both quietly and humbly. - The Wind in the Willows
Meaning of "banquet" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "banquet" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "banquet" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "banquet"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word banquet below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.