How to use "barren" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "barren" in popular movie and book plots
- The scene begins near a hermitage high in the mountains, a place to which many barren women, including Yerma, have made a pilgrimage. - Yerma
- Cortez and Anya then observe the barren desert land restored to its former form; a lush, green forest filled with life. - TimeSplitters: Future Perfect
- Denied this by the priest Grigoris, the refugees retire to the barren slopes of the nearby mountain Sarakina, where they continue to starve. - Christ Recrucified
- An away team travels to the surface and finds that what had been farmland is now barren with no trace of life in the soil. - Datalore
- They find themselves naked and young on Earth, completely barren of humanity and man-made objects. - The Metamorphosis of Prime Intellect
- The tomb is a small, barren room with two stone coffins, containing also his principal wife Tou Wan. - The Story of the Stone (Barry Hughart)
- The film ends with Essex taking a long walk out into the barren distance. - Quintet (film)
- Meanwhile, criminal genius Lex Luthor has developed a plan to make a fortune in real estate by buying large amounts of barren desert land. - Superman (1978 film)
- Lost on the barren surface of the planet, Mel has to avoid the Rani's ingenious traps and her monstrous, bat-like servants, the Tetraps. - Time and the Rani
- They first land on Rossem, a barren planet controlled by Tazenda, and meet with its governor, who appears ordinary. - Second Foundation
- Rubi-Ka was ripped apart in a cataclysm, leaving it a barren rock. - Anarchy Online
- The man, a lowly servant recently fired, is contemplating whether to starve to death or to become a thief to survive in the barren times. - Rashōmon (short story)
- There is the lush and green Palma, the arid and barren Motavia, and finally, the icy and desolate Dezoris. - Phantasy Star (video game)
- The Atreides leave their homeworld Caladan for Arrakis, a barren desert planet populated by gigantic sandworms. - Dune (film)
- Frodo and Sam navigate the barren wasteland of Mordor. - The Return of the King
- When Zorba returns to Madame Hortense's bedroom, the room is barren apart from her bed (where she lies) and the bird in her cage. - Zorba the Greek (film)
Meaning of "barren" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "barren" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "barren" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "barren"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word barren below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.