How to use "barter" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "barter" in popular movie and book plots
- While they leave, they barter with the executioner, Pierrepoint, to let a prisoner, Mary, live. - Ironclad: Battle for Blood
- Vic steals several cans of their food, later using them to barter for goods in a nearby shantytown settlement. - A Boy and His Dog (1975 film)
- Bill and Eric barter for their lives with the Authority Chancellors and their leader, Roman. - Whatever I Am, You Made Me
- Unable to board the ferry, Samantha is forced to barter her engagement ring for passage through the quarantine zone. - Monsters (2010 film)
- The agent steals top secret computer microchips as barter material to switch sides and is hunted by aS. - KGB: The Secret War
- Rome is facing a dire shortage of grain, forcing Octavian to barter with Mark Antony to get new shipments sent from Egypt. - Deus Impeditio Esuritori Nullus (No God Can Stop a Hungry Man)
- But he is still determined to find the Fence, in the hope of using him to barter his freedom. - Public Enemy Number Two
- Perkins gives one of them a horse as barter payment for guiding them across the river to an herbal healer. - The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada
- They do not accept money in exchange for their produce of chiefly honey and fruits; they are ready to barter them. - Marmadesam
- The train stops short of the winding mechanism so Kate must barter with a nearby couple with a barge. - Syberia
- Having had the offer of his sword and horse refused, Taran is compelled to barter the brooch of Adaon. - The Black Cauldron (novel)
- "); and a moneyless gift economy based on barter and favor-exchange, using "obs" (obligations). - The Great Explosion
- He finds they have left behind a small bag of pearls, which they used to barter with western traders. - Papillon (film)
- Felinet tells him about Pinocchio and Lorenzini appears interested, so he visits Geppetto that afternoon to barter for Pinocchio. - The Adventures of Pinocchio (1996 film)
- Taking shelter in a long-abandoned postal van, he finds a sack of mail and takes it to a nearby community to barter for food and shelter. - The Postman
- They sell or barter surplus crops for essentials they cannot make themselves. - The Good Life (1975 TV series)
Meaning of "barter" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "barter" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "barter" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "barter"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word barter below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.