How to use "basis" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "basis" in popular movie and book plots
- In the year before his death, O'Blivion recorded tens of thousands of videos, which now form the basis of his television appearances. - Videodrome
- This idea forms the basis of his master plan. - After the Fox
- Gregory argues that revolt is the basis of poetry. - The Man Who Was Thursday
- They are greeted by Kida who resembles a young woman and discover that the Atlantean language is the basis of many existing languages. - Atlantis: The Lost Empire
- Muriel then co-opts Rhonda's health crisis as the basis of a deception to obtain a free photo shoot from a bridal shop. - Muriel's Wedding
- Robin's friend Larry, a lovable rogue, appears on a recurring basis through the series. - Man About the House
- The show is the basis for the Happy Days musical touring the United States since 2008. - Happy Days
- Gallagher comes to the newspaper's office trying to discover the basis for the story, but Carter does not reveal her source. - Absence of Malice
- Mara then demands that Fred prove that Kris is "the one and only" Santa Claus on the basis of some competent authority. - Miracle on 34th Street
- One of the by-products of the reactor is a more stable nuclear fuel which can also be used as the basis for a rocket engine. - Blowups Happen
- Banks, building sites, sewage works and other everyday recognizable buildings form the basis of many of the levels in Sin. - SiN
- He asks Allenby whether there is any basis for the Arabs' suspicions that the British have designs on Arabia. - Lawrence of Arabia (film)
- For example, which end of an egg a person cracks becomes the basis of a deep political rift within that nation. - Gulliver's Travels
- This provides the basis for a long-lasting story arc. - Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
- Romance, secret relationships, extramarital affairs, and genuine hate have been the basis for many soap opera storylines. - Soap opera
- They both approach fellow doctors and town authorities about their theory but are eventually dismissed on the basis of one death. - The Plague
Meaning of "basis" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "basis" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "basis" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "basis"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word basis below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.