How to use "beacon" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "beacon" in popular movie and book plots
- Ivanovna escapes during the skirmish, but keeps a homing beacon on the deserters' truck believing they may be of use to her in the future. - Front Mission 4
- They rescue Arbuckle, who sets off a locator beacon for his squad to find them. - Weapon Zero
- Frank and Joe suspect an oil beacon near the airport caught the pilots off track. - The Flickering Torch Mystery
- They do, however, detect one other radio signal: a beacon of unknown origin located at the site of Babylon. - Time's Eye (novel)
- The Doctor realises that the beacon must be the cause of the energy drain, and decides to go to the city and resolve the problem. - Death to the Daleks
- However, the beacon is still on a collision course. - Revenge of the Cybermen
- Theseus knows it is the beacon his father had put up, and he remembers Aigeus's request that he paint his sail with white. - The King Must Die
- She, and her dog, are a living (and semi-immortal) beacon proclaiming that Earth is sentient. - Repairman Jack
- Ashelin, who opposes the banishment, gives Jak and beacon before he leaves and tells him to "stay alive". - Jak 3
- Lowery finishes the rescue beacon and is about to record a message when they notice something moving in the jungle. - Mission to the Unknown
- A beacon of light arrives in the form of lounge-suit-wearing, Corvette-driving Todd Tomorrow (Tab Hunter), lifting Francine's spirits. - Polyester (film)
- Cortana activates a distress beacon and the Chief goes into hibernation. - Halo (series)
- Gallagher, out of oxygen, swims to the surface and activates the beacon after he climbs into the dinghy. - Airport '77
- While Riker and Worf take the Romulan back to the beacon for transport back to the ship, La Forge ends up falling into a hidden hole. - The Enemy (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
- Harry and the Waldos move deeper into the mine for safety, but he realizes he left the beacon inside the truck and goes to retrieve it. - Dante's Peak
- The beacon attracts a nearby whale pod, and Finch is able to trace their whale songs to locate the Virgil. - The Core
Meaning of "beacon" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "beacon" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "beacon" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "beacon"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word beacon below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.