How to use "befall" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "befall" in popular movie and book plots
- They manage to win, but before "disappearing", Mag Mel says that his final demise will cause another disaster to befall on Dan and Drago. - Bakugan Battle Brawlers
- She cons him into marrying her, saying that great misfortune will befall him if he doesn't. - Once Upon a Time (1973 film)
- Although her life's burdens hit Linda hard, Hell will freeze over before she allows the worst to befall Mike and Lenny. - Poor White Trash
- They visit Lu Junyi and lie to him that a great calamity will befall him if he does not travel 1,000 miles to the southeast. - The Water Margin (film)
- He fears that same fate might befall on Chandrakala, so he wouldn't agree to teach her dancing. - Pournami (2006 film)
- Many strange events befall him, until the Cenobite Pinhead shows him reality. - Hellraiser: Hellseeker
- Hanuman's blessings include: no fear/harm from the Brahmastra, no harm could befall him from weapons, fire or water. - Hanuman (2005 film)
- The old woman warns Sun-jae the same fate that will befall her if she doesn't return the pink shoes to Keiko at once. - The Red Shoes (2005 film)
- It is said that should all four be cleared, a catastrophe will befall Fiore. - Pokémon Ranger
- Disillusioned with women, Zadig turns to science but his knowledge lands him in prison, the first of several injustices to befall him. - Zadig
- A series of mishaps befall the couple and keep them apart. - Terra Nostra (telenovela)
- The Greek herald Talthybius arrives to tell the dethroned queen Hecuba what will befall her and her children. - The Trojan Women
- Several other misfortunes befall the travelers until they reach a village. - The Golden Ass
- During that time misfortune begins to befall Kiều. - The Tale of Kieu
- Overwhelmed by the society of people where Edvarda lives, Glahn has a series of tragedies befall him before he leaves forever. - Pan (novel)
- But after a while, Suibhne regained his lucidity and made his resolve to go back to Dál nAraidi, whatever judgment may befall him. - Buile Shuibhne
Meaning of "befall" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "befall" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "befall" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "befall"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word befall below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.