How to use "belated" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "belated" in popular movie and book plots
- In an end tag, Coulson begins experiencing hypergraphic episodes as a belated side effect of the GH325. - Beginning of the End (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.)
- Tiffany gives Pat a belated birthday present: a cloud chart, and they lie on the ground and watch the clouds together. - The Silver Linings Playbook
- His body, buried in the Essex marshes, was not found until recently and he has now received a much belated burial. - Night of the Fox
- She tries to conceal this belated infidelity as they reconcile, but soon admits the truth when Tommie asserts that he has a claim on her. - Riptide (film)
- The next day, Rubén stops at a small town to visit his sister and give her a belated birthday present. - Las Acacias (film)
- When Will gives Helen expensive jewelry as a belated birthday present, her fiancé, truck driver Tom Gibney, is furious. - The Idle Rich
- Angered by Yone's belated confession that he now has another wife, she moves out, against Yone's protests. - Leonie (film)
- Trying to escape from the police, Trigger gives the pearl necklace to Shirley, who believes it is a belated birthday present. - Baby Take a Bow
- Before Georgi and Karl can depart for a belated honeymoon, Karl learns that Georgi and Phil had met in his apartment. - I Take This Woman (1940 film)
- Ted then visits Natalie's apartment, apologizing for his past behavior and offering a giant sock monkey toy as a belated birthday gift. - Return of the Shirt
- The two head off for a belated honeymoon. - The Water's Lovely
- Awaiting Lady Margaret’s belated arrival at a tea room, Myra scans a newspaper and faints on finding Roy listed among the war dead. - Waterloo Bridge (1940 film)
- During the reception, Tom sees Julie and gives her the keys to his car as a belated birthday present for her trip. - The Pallbearer
- The truckers drive across Arizona and New Mexico, with Wallace in belated pursuit. - Convoy (1978 film)
- Unfortunately, Peter doesn't hear Tim's belated warnings in time, hurtles down to the bottom breaking his leg and cracking two ribs. - True Colors (1991 film)
- Rohan and Pooja are married, and the family hold a belated celebration of Rahul and Anjali's wedding. - Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham...
Meaning of "belated" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "belated" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "belated" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "belated"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word belated below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.