How to use "belligerent" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "belligerent" in popular movie and book plots
- Edward Bromberg), who likes to recite poetry to his pet monkey and tells stories with belligerent verbosity, which he mistakes for skill. - Queen of the Amazons
- Oleg shoots Anzor after he becomes belligerent with him and his mother. - Running Scared (2006 film)
- His motive is linked back to a denial given some years earlier that he was involved in negotiations with a belligerent foreign power. - Murder in the Mews
- When Samson cannot find the inspiration to finish his latest poem, he becomes belligerent and depressed. - A Fine Madness
- Duras then relates a biased tale of himself confronting a belligerent Archer, who insidiously fires on the Klingon ship first. - Judgment (Star Trek: Enterprise)
- She and Mavriky Nikolaevich are attacked by drunk and belligerent individuals in the crowd. - Demons (Dostoyevsky novel)
- Marlowe wakes up in jail, where he is questioned by Captain Kane (Tom Tully) and a belligerent Lieutenant DeGarmot (Lloyd Nolan). - Lady in the Lake
- Episode Two Prince George witnesses the brinkmanship of the allies in the face of the belligerent posture taken by Germany. - The Lost Prince
- During the interview, Corinne becomes angry and belligerent towards the reporter, eventually lashing out at her boss and getting fired. - Ladies and Gentlemen, The Fabulous Stains
- After a near fight with a large and belligerent Irishman, they return home to prepare for their trip. - Withnail and I
- Despite warnings about De Ville's temperament, Wallace, while feeling belligerent one day, pushed De Ville's head into a paste bucket. - The Leopard Man's Story
- Among the band is Will Scarlet, who holds a belligerent grudge against Robin. - Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- The said officers, though initially belligerent and skeptical, eventually agree to cooperate. - The BFG
- However, they find the commissioner badly wounded by recently belligerent natives. - Mogambo
- Construction worker Vince Everett (Elvis) accidentally kills a drunken and belligerent man in a barroom brawl. - Jailhouse Rock (film)
- In August 1939, a trade embargo imposed by the United States is depriving a belligerent Japan of raw materials. - Tora! Tora! Tora!
Meaning of "belligerent" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "belligerent" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "belligerent" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "belligerent"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word belligerent below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.