How to use "benefit" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "benefit" in popular movie and book plots
- Aubrey is given a free hand by Admiral Harte, who stands to benefit personally from any prizes taken. - Post Captain (novel)
- The mob believes Jackie has the tape and follows him around, attacking him at an eating benefit event he is hosting at a mall. - Mr. Nice Guy (1997 film)
- Terry, now starring in her own show, eventually finds Calvero and persuades him to return to the stage for a benefit concert. - Limelight (1952 film)
- This has the side benefit of distracting Granny from becoming obsessive and self-centered, or so Nanny believes to her great relief. - Maskerade
- Shambu persuades her that he'll be gone for three months only and it would benefit his family and the soon-to-be-born baby. - Do Bigha Zamin
- William of Orange learns of Eliza's mission and intercepts her, forcing her to become a double agent for his benefit and to give him oral sex. - Quicksilver (novel)
- Her sister's intent is to arrange a marriage for Phuong that will benefit herself and her family. - The Quiet American
- Simms shows up at Roy's trailer ahead of a local benefit tournament. - Tin Cup
- Eventually, Herminia chooses to make a huge sacrifice for her daughter's benefit and commits suicide. - The Woman Who Did
- Picard states the rejuvenation benefit of the radiation does not justify Dougherty's plans for the Ba'ku and violates the Prime Directive. - Star Trek: Insurrection
- A charity benefit sponsored by David Thayer is staged aboard theS. - Song of the Thin Man
- That was the real purpose of the lamasery: study, inner peace and long life were merely a side benefit to living there. - Lost Horizon
- The Long Range Foundation (LRF) is a non-profit organization that funds expensive, long-term projects for the benefit of mankind. - Time for the Stars
- While Elizabeth declined physically with age, her running of the country continued to benefit her people. - House of Tudor
- Jack vows to kill the steward in revenge until the Baker convinces him that killing the steward will not benefit anyone. - Into the Woods
- Scarlett encounters Rhett Butler again at a benefit dance, where he is dressed like a dandy. - Gone with the Wind (novel)
Meaning of "benefit" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "benefit" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "benefit" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "benefit"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word benefit below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.