How to use "benign" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "benign" in popular movie and book plots
- House discovers a benign tumor in her heart, which is surgically removed, but it does not account for the hallucinations. - Autopsy (House)
- The tumor is found to be benign and was successfully removed. - Roses Are Red (novel)
- The surgery reveals the benign tumor that House suspected. - Need to Know (House)
- The phenomena seem benign at first, but quickly begin to intensify. - Poltergeist (1982 film)
- But then, perhaps, even in the 70s', this seemingly benign film may have carried that ironic undercurrent of social commentary. - Olly Olly Oxen Free (film)
- The setting is the type of benign Venus imagined before the first space probes penetrated the clouds of that planet. - When the People Fell
- Ware, who works part-time taking bets, seems initially to be a benign character. - The Sleeping City
- Castle Roogna is haunted by relatively benign ghosts and zombies and is an area of heightened magical power. - A Spell for Chameleon
- When the results do come, the lump is revealed to be a benign fatty corpuscle. - Death Is a Bitch
- Once on board, Peter is subjected to some rather unsettling albeit benign boarding procedures and finds himself in a truly alien world. - My Teacher Is an Alien
- The girl and the elephant (which is extremely intelligent and benign and whom Nel calls "King" because of its size) quickly become friends. - In Desert and Wilderness
- The benign signals that the Riim send are incompatible with the human mind. - The Voyage of the Space Beagle
- Muriel dismisses her remarks as hyperbole, regarding her husband's idiosyncrasies as benign and manageable. - A Perfect Day for Bananafish
- Over time, and with further help from Ivo, the group watches a benign form the entire broadcast, which they come to call "traveller". - Macroscope (novel)
- However, his interests in those are rather benign and not overly carnal. - The Pope Must Die
- Some humans are suspicious of the Overlords' benign intent, as they never visibly appear. - Childhood's End
Meaning of "benign" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "benign" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "benign" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "benign"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word benign below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.