How to use "berate" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "berate" in popular movie and book plots
- Francine and Hayley berate him for this, pointing out that he himself is somewhat overweight though his suit hides it. - The American Dad After School Special
- However, mr Hamilton has had enough and follows him in to berate Terry himself and discovers Basil yelling at empty space. - Waldorf Salad (Fawlty Towers)
- Sybil does not react by insulting Raylene as Basil had with Johnson, but rather to berate Basil, and to apologise to her afterwards. - The Psychiatrist (Fawlty Towers)
- Other detectives berate Cusack for his actions. - Code of Silence (film)
- Rather than berate him again, Bugs just gives him a coin for saving his and Playboy's life and then he and Playboy resume their journey. - 8 Ball Bunny
- Learning that he is paralysed on his right side, his family continues to berate her. - Chandni
- Joining them for their insane tea party, they berate her for being so old and forgetful. - Dreamchild
- Dan's sons berate the outlaw, but Alice insists that they show proper hospitality to their "guest". - 3:10 to Yuma (1957 film)
- When Quintus staggers his way to Brutus' villa to berate him for taking Caesar's mercy, he instead finds a kindred spirit in Servilia. - Triumph (Rome)
- Crockett and Tubbs berate Fujima for the errors committed and inquire as to why the MDPD wasn't involved. - Miami Vice (film)
- Natalie is furious and begins to berate her partner over costing her the contest. - Girls Just Want to Have Fun (film)
- He goes on to berate her and secretaries in general. - But Can She Type?
- Henry and Morris arrive and berate Garry for his night with Joanna. - Present Laughter
- Ryder bursts into Perelman's office and proceeds to berate him until his implied threats escalate to explicit ones. - A Mind Forever Voyaging
- The living dolls, revealing themselves to be the spirits of the peach trees, berate the boy about chopping down the precious trees. - Dreams (1990 film)
- But Anne continues to berate Henry for his infidelities, which elicits not-so-veiled threats from him in return. - The Six Wives of Henry VIII (BBC TV series)
Meaning of "berate" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "berate" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "berate" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "berate"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word berate below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.