How to use "besiege" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "besiege" in popular movie and book plots
- This, however, leads to many poor decisions in the field, and the Almecs manage to besiege Egaru. - Echoes of the Great Song
- Robin Hood’s men besiege and storm the castle, freeing most of the captives. - Ivanhoe (1952 film)
- The news also panics the relatives who are waiting at Mumbai and they besiege Vinod. - The Burning Train
- At the council, Tewdric suggests letting the Powysians besiege Glevum, whereas Arthur wants to attack Powys at Lugg Vale. - The Winter King (novel)
- After three years, when the Vlachs besiege Athens, Erotokritos reappears, his true identity concealed through magic. - Erotokritos
- Together, the party works with the warriors of Talta Village the Jibral Kingdom to besiege Nene's Mechat base. - Blue Dragon
- Mordor's overwhelming forces besiege the Lake Town of Esgaroth and the Dwarven city of Erebor. - The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth II
- They besiege Dubno Castle where, surrounded by the Cossacks and short of supplies, the inhabitants begin to starve. - Taras Bulba
- When this fails, criminal thugs hired by Grenville as muscle besiege the school and terrorise the children. - G.B.H. (TV series)
- One morning, a solar blackout occurs and triffids once again besiege the island. - The Night of the Triffids
- Ron and Hermione destroy the cup with basilisk fangs from the Chamber of Secrets as Voldemort and his army besiege the castle. - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Believing this ruse, Stark supporters besiege the castle, joined by a force from House Bolton. - A Clash of Kings
- They brainwash what's left of Garithos' forces, besiege the stronghold and free Garithos by killing Detheroc. - Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne
- Saladin arrives with his army to besiege Kerak, and Baldwin meets it with his. - Kingdom of Heaven (film)
- Agramante and his allies – who include Marsilio, the King of Spain, and the boastful warrior Rodomonte – besiege Charlemagne in Paris. - Orlando Furioso
- They then besiege the Castle of Torquilstone with Robin's own men, including the friar and assorted Saxon yeomen. - Ivanhoe
Meaning of "besiege" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "besiege" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "besiege" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "besiege"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word besiege below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.