How to use "betrothed" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "betrothed" in popular movie and book plots
- To do so she comes to ask Grey, Ivy's betrothed and pro-tem magician of knowledge, for the answer. - Question Quest
- D'Auverney, the nephew of a landed aristocrat with many slaves, is betrothed to Marie, a young French girl on the island. - Bug-Jargal
- He insists that he's betrothed to Amelia, but mr Osborne insists that George marry the woman from Jamaica. - Vanity Fair (2004 film)
- The player returns victorious, where he is betrothed to the King's daughter and entitled High Lord of the Westland. - Shadowgate
- Arnolfini's son, Steven (Tom Burlinson), is betrothed to Agnes (Jennifer Jason Leigh). - Flesh and Blood (1985 film)
- She is already betrothed to Saturninus' brother, Bassianus, who steals her away. - Titus (film)
- Ta-Hor and Aspicia fall in love, but she is betrothed to the Nubian king. - The Pharaoh's Daughter
- Prince Rurisk is poisoned and killed, leaving Kettricken, who is betrothed to Verity, the sole heir of the Mountain Kingdom. - Assassin's Apprentice
- Kate Croy and Merton Densher are two betrothed Londoners who desperately want to marry but have very little money. - The Wings of the Dove
- Devdas goes back to Calcutta and Parvati is married off to the betrothed widower, Bhuvan Choudhuri who has three children. - Devdas
- Oliver is betrothed to Rosamund Godolphin, whose hot-headed brother, Peter, detests the Tressilians due to an old feud between their fathers. - The Sea Hawk
- The next day, Ibarra visits his betrothed María Clara, the beautiful daughter of Captain Tiago and affluent resident of Binondo. - Noli Me Tángere (novel)
- The plot of the play centres on a rich widow, Christian Custance, who is betrothed to Gawyn Goodluck, a merchant. - Ralph Roister Doister
- Chaani reveals that she has been forcibly betrothed to Moonja. - Mohenjo Daro (film)
- Moses loves Nefretiri, who is the throne princess and must be betrothed to the next Pharaoh. - The Ten Commandments (1956 film)
- There, Gabriel marries his betrothed Anne. - The Patriot (2000 film)
Meaning of "betrothed" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "betrothed" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "betrothed" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "betrothed"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word betrothed below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.