How to use "better" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "better" in popular movie and book plots
- David's aunt sends him to a far better school than the last he attended. - David Copperfield
- The Man is torn, but finally departs, leaving his wife with the memories of better times when they were deeply in love. - Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans
- As the camera rises just before the blade falls, Carton's voice is heard, saying, "It's a far, far better thing I do than I have ever done. - A Tale of Two Cities (1935 film)
- When Anthony learns her secret, she sends him their son, stating that he is better suited to raise the boy. - Anthony Adverse
- Disraeli was not fooled; he has hired Foljambe as his personal government secretary, the better to deceive him. - Disraeli (1929 film)
- She leaves Random with Arthur to allow her to better pursue her career as an intergalactic reporter. - Mostly Harmless
- He wants the development of psychohistory to help him better protect humanity, as per "The Zeroth Law Of Robotics". - Prelude to Foundation
- Judas decides that it would be better to turn Jesus in before his popularity leads to the deaths of Jesus and his followers, Judas included. - Jesus Christ Superstar
- For this reason, one must modify IIM/J ( it is called MIIM/J) or use other methods to produce better images. - Julia set
- Many are heavily modified by cybernetics to better cope with their hard life. - Battle Angel Alita
- The bridge has special significance for Tony as a symbol of escape to a better life on the other side—in more suburban Staten Island. - Saturday Night Fever
- She (Joan, Eunice and Jake) emigrates to the moon to find a better future for her child. - I Will Fear No Evil
- Grant proves to be much better at talking than getting things done. - Tunnel in the Sky
- Eboshi vows to build a better town, as the forest begins to grow. - Princess Mononoke
- Van Helsing also establishes a criminal profile on Dracula in order to better understand his actions and predict his movements. - Dracula
- The animals remain convinced that they are better off than they were under mr Jones. - Animal Farm
Meaning of "better" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "better" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "better" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "better"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word better below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.