How to use "bittersweet" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "bittersweet" in popular movie and book plots
- The novel’s ending is bittersweet and satisfying. - Caesar's Daughter
- Variety Lights is a bittersweet drama about a group of second-rate theatrical performers on tour. - Variety Lights
- Mildred embraces Eleanor to close the play on a bittersweet note. - Theatricals
- Two years pass, and in that time the natural world recedes, to be replaced by a bittersweet relationship with God and the Bible. - The Story of an African Farm
- A reconciliation occurs—a joyous one for Roy, a bittersweet one for Myra. - Waterloo Bridge (1940 film)
- Cassidy thinks to himself that he can live with leaving behind his old life, and with a bittersweet feeling walks off into the night. - Once a Runner
- She finds no particular inspiration in Italy, however, finding instead constant bittersweet memories of her childhood. - Aurora Leigh
- The resulting explosion of power destroys both Guardians along with Castle Alamar, bringing the threat of Sheltem to a bittersweet end. - Might and Magic V: Darkside of Xeen
- However, the ending is bittersweet as Cowperwood has not managed to obtain the fifty-year franchise for his railway schemes that he wanted. - The Titan (novel)
- He bids them a bittersweet goodbye and sets off in a boat they give him. - The Taggerung
- The book ends on a bittersweet note: she knows she has a good life, but doesn't trust it. - Postcards from the Edge
- The three men share a bittersweet goodbye, before Miles heads off into Mexico with the diamond. - Blue Streak (film)
- A charming bittersweet narrative unfolds from director Andrzej Jakimowski. - Tricks (film)
- Lee is shown shedding a tear at this bittersweet accomplishment. - Naked Lunch (film)
- It is a bittersweet ending, as the cosmonauts themselves will not live long enough to return. - Andromeda (novel)
- The episode ends on Anne's bittersweet but relieved expression. - The Six Wives of Henry VIII (BBC TV series)
Meaning of "bittersweet" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "bittersweet" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "bittersweet" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "bittersweet"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word bittersweet below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.