How to use "black" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "black" in popular movie and book plots
- Peola is painfully aware of the tension between her white appearance and black racial identity (as imposed by society). - Imitation of Life (novel)
- After returning to Coruscant, Vader's mutilated body is amputated and covered in a black armored suit. - Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith
- Tony shares a warm relationship with Frank Jr, but feels vindicated that he is no longer the black sheep of the family. - Saturday Night Fever
- There is also a village of black mages that have gained self-awareness, who reside in the Outer Continent, as well. - Final Fantasy IX
- He and his wife have many pets, including a large, beautiful black cat (as described by the narrator) named Pluto. - The Black Cat (short story)
- The company enters the black forest of Mirkwood without Gandalf. - The Hobbit
- Later, there is a black mass-like wedding between the studs and the men of power. - Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom
- Now when splashed with cold water he takes the form of a little black pig. - Ranma ½
- Although set in a traditional suburban setting, the show subverts this genre with a strong overtone of black comedy. - One Foot in the Grave
- They pick up Tommy Johnson, a young black man, who claims he sold his soul to the devil in exchange for the ability to play guitar. - O Brother, Where Art Thou?
- The next day, in the Indian Ocean, Stubb kills a sperm whale, and that night Fleece, the Pequods black cook, prepares him a rare whale steak. - Moby-Dick
- Huck becomes remorseful and apologizes to Jim, though his conscience troubles him about humbling himself to a black man. - Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
- When Marlow visits her, she is dressed in black and still deep in mourning, although it has been more than a year since Kurtz's death. - Heart of Darkness
- She is bound by custom to wear black and avoid conversation with young men. - Gone with the Wind (novel)
- He hid with a sword and waited until a large black creature crawled onto his niece's bed and to her neck. - Carmilla
- Lamarr persuades the dim-witted Le Petomane to appoint Bart (Cleavon Little), a black railroad worker who was about to be hanged. - Blazing Saddles
Meaning of "black" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "black" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "black" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "black"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word black below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.