How to use "bleak" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "bleak" in popular movie and book plots
- Faced with this bleak reality, Merin chooses to sabotage the farcaster, beginning "Siri's War", a hopeless resistance against the Hegemony. - Hyperion (Simmons novel)
- Here, stripped of her powers, she wanders the bleak landscape and nearly drowns in an oily bog. - Supergirl (film)
- Hornblower promptly rejects the Captain's pleading in spite of their bleak situation and uses his pistols to prevent a mutiny. - Mr. Midshipman Hornblower
- Life seems bleak for Eddie and Richie, but things seemingly improve with the arrival of the "Nice family", with Simon Pegg playing the father. - Guest House Paradiso
- As a passenger ship sails by the bleak ruins of a deserted island, dr Kersaint (Thomas Mitchell) blows his former home a kiss. - The Hurricane (1937 film)
- When told through the POV of either Mary or Axel the view of humanity, and of the Jordache family, is relentlessly bleak and pessimistic. - Rich Man, Poor Man (novel)
- Eventually, he too is swallowed up and finds himself in a cattle car heading towards a bleak future. - Settling Accounts: Drive to the East
- Tomoya's psychology is developed in his dreams of a bleak world, called the , where small orbs of light float around. - Clannad (visual novel)
- King Richard is appalled to find that Prince John has left his kingdom bleak and oppressed. - Robin Hood (1973 film)
- The game consists of finding something to be glad about in every situation, no matter how bleak it may be. - Pollyanna
- Now that Baran is 16, he is no longer allowed to stay in Germany and faces the bleak prospect of getting deported back. - Kleine Freiheit
- "New Rose Hotel" presents a bleak future as extrapolated from contemporary economic and social trends. - New Rose Hotel
- She dislikes her new home, the people living in it, and most of all, the bleak moor on which it sits. - The Secret Garden
- While unconditionally supported by his mother, Ma, Timon dreams for more in life than his colony's bleak existence hiding from predators. - The Lion King 1½
- A man finds himself wandering around a misty, bleak mountainous terrain. - Dreams (1990 film)
- After liaisons in bleak hotel rooms they leave their spouses (and, in Robert's case, children) and move into an apartment. - Darling (1965 film)
Meaning of "bleak" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "bleak" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "bleak" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "bleak"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word bleak below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.