How to use "blockade" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "blockade" in popular movie and book plots
- However the French fleet escapes Nelson's blockade anyway and Jonathan is abandoned by his syndicate members. - Lloyd's of London (film)
- When the killer's hideout is found, Seattle police and the FBI blockade the area before Malloy arrives. - D-Tox
- As dusk falls, he follows a valuable blockade runner into port, pretending to be the Flame. - Lord Hornblower
- When the British find out that the refugees are in a ship in the harbor of Famagusta, they blockade it. - Exodus (1960 film)
- The rebels blockade the bridge over the nearby river, but they lack any artillery or military training. - Anandamath
- The squadron's mission is to help enforce the British blockade against Napoleonic France. - Captain Horatio Hornblower
- The Confederation imposes a 30-year blockade around Omuta, and executes its government. - The Reality Dysfunction
- The voyage home is enlivened by a chase of the privateer Spartan, which slips away in fog through the blockade to Brest. - The Reverse of the Medal
- Aubrey gets a stint on HMS Worcester for Toulon blockade duty. - The Ionian Mission
- However, a Mediator comes up with a third option: a blockade of the system's only Alderson exit point. - The Mote in God's Eye
- The three of them evade the military blockade that guards the Zone, attracting gunfire from the guards but all survive. - Stalker (1979 film)
- Merrol in the Aldebaran system is the only Federal planet that is in open rebellion, but it is under permanent blockade by the Bureau. - Escape Velocity Nova
- When the demand is rejected, the Chinese blockade the gunboat. - The Sand Pebbles (film)
- During the blockade operation, Roger becomes reckless and is bitten by the zombies. - Dawn of the Dead (1978 film)
- As a result, the Soviets blockade West Berlin. - The Day After
- Although Rhett believes the war is a lost cause, he is blockade running for profit. - Gone with the Wind (novel)
Meaning of "blockade" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "blockade" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "blockade" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "blockade"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word blockade below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.