How to use "bluff" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "bluff" in popular movie and book plots
- At last they reach a bluff overlooking the Rio Grande and dig up Dom – which turns out to be a magnum of Dom Perignon champagne. - Fandango (1985 film)
- She calls his bluff and loses: frustrated but resolute, he leaves her and her fragile emotional state deteriorates even further. - Life Is Sweet (film)
- They decide to carry on with their bluff and go through with the opening. - The Smallest Show on Earth
- They manage to bluff their way past him by giving an impromptu routine. - Caesar and Me
- Amused, Kahuna attempts to call Gidget's bluff by pretending to take her up on her offer but finds himself falling under her spell. - Gidget (film)
- Soon after, McWilliams is shot by an enemy airplane when he goes to a bluff to view the aerial attack on the beachhead. - A Walk in the Sun (1945 film)
- Hiding in a stairway, Armando tells Caesar he will go to the authorities and bluff his way out of the situation. - Conquest of the Planet of the Apes
- Johnson visits Aubrey who makes a comment about Maturin that reveals too much to the bluff spy. - The Fortune of War
- Bob threatens to kill Mirage to force Syndrome to release him, but Syndrome calls his bluff and Bob releases Mirage. - The Incredibles
- In a craven urge for fame, many of her classmates (mostly Lana) bluff that they are friends of the princess to reporters. - The Princess Diaries (film)
- The Terminator calls John's bluff but agrees to take them after Kate orders him to. - Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
- This is a bluff intended to make the Germans believe that more British warships are on the way, when none are. - The Battle of the River Plate (film)
- They watch from a high bluff as a mounted Cogburn confronts Pepper's gang. - True Grit (1969 film)
- In fact, Robert, a bluff soldier who expressed distaste for artistic and intellectual women, is now dating Ann Dorland. - The Unpleasantness at the Bellona Club
- Al claims to be Haskell, but she calls his bluff and blackmails him by threatening to turn him in. - Detour (1945 film)
- Cargraves prepares to execute the prisoner by ejecting him into vacuum, mostly as a bluff for information on how to fly the base's spaceship. - Rocket Ship Galileo
Meaning of "bluff" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "bluff" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "bluff" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "bluff"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word bluff below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.