How to use "boast" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "boast" in popular movie and book plots
- Ajayan who used to boast himself as a womanizer in his youth is believed to be the boy's father by all villagers. - Snehaveedu
- In the coffee shop, the two debate about their respective hometowns and constantly try to boast about their own city. - Mumbai-Pune-Mumbai
- The Celestial Emperor has agreed, if only to see out the demons boast of its fighting style. - Mad Monkey vs. the Dragon Claw
- She convinces herself so much of this fate that she begins to boast of having a fortune already. - The Lottery (play)
- At a feast he has organized himself, he begins to boast about his success. - Tale of Woe and Misfortune
- Shiro and Aaron boast that they can fly their spacecraft through the narrow tunnels. - Message from Space
- Haji Bakhil wakes up yet again and is doubly enraged when Labu continues to boast and act as though he's wealthy and powerful. - Labu dan Labi
- Worf also tells Sisko that if Omet'iklan does make good on his threat, he will not live to boast about it. - To the Death (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)
- He goes to Texas City and barges in on a city council meeting, wherein Trimmings' stooges boast of their booties. - Breaker! Breaker!
- Awe-struck Angel and Connor boast about this godly creature that rose from Cordelia whom they don't want to kill, but merely to worship. - Shiny Happy People (Angel)
- It is the only 2005 film to boast of having a sequel made in 2005. - Kung Fu Mahjong
- Then, he unconsciously goes on to boast about his successes. - Poirot's Early Cases
- He shows no interest, but she reminds him of his boast the previous day. - Pygmalion (play)
- Having heard about her from Daniel, he realizes who she is and calls Laurence to boast that he is about to make her his conquest. - Martha, Meet Frank, Daniel and Laurence
- Madame de Saint-Ange and her younger brother, the Chevalier, also have sex with one another, and boast of doing so on a regular basis. - Philosophy in the Bedroom
- He then calls to Hucklebee, and the two old friends boast about pretending to feud as a means to ensure that their children fall in love. - The Fantasticks
Meaning of "boast" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "boast" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "boast" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "boast"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word boast below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.