How to use "bourgeois" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "bourgeois" in popular movie and book plots
- He chooses a more conventional course, opting for the security of a middle-class life and a bourgeois marriage. - L'Œuvre
- As a child, he experiences conflicting feelings for the bourgeois people around him. - Tonio Kröger
- When Kjell is told about the abortion by Anna's father, he interprets it as if he isn't accepted within the bourgeois idyll. - Ådalen 31
- Roland (Jean Yanne) and Corinne (Mireille Darc) are a bourgeois couple, although each has a secret lover and conspires to murder the other. - Weekend (1967 film)
- Anton quickly succeeds through honest and diligent work, achieving a proper bourgeois existence. - Debit and Credit
- A mysterious figure known only as "The Visitor" appears in the lives of a typical bourgeois Italian family. - Teorema (film)
- Falk criticises bourgeois society in his verse and insists that we live in the passionate moment. - Love's Comedy
- In their discussions they declare the need for the renunciation of bourgeois softness and a preparation for an age of pre-medieval harshness. - Doctor Faustus (novel)
- The bourgeois director of the hospital, Coulmier, supervises the performance, accompanied by his wife and daughter. - Marat/Sade
- Janosch (Sascha Backhaus) has problems at school and despises the lifestyle of his bourgeois mother. - Oi! Warning
- The story centers upon Wilhelm's attempt to escape what he views as the empty life of a bourgeois businessman. - Wilhelm Meister's Apprenticeship
- Janine leaves her proletarian family behind to become an actress who becomes involved with Jean, a well-educated bourgeois writer/politician. - My American Uncle
- Leading Protestant bourgeois of Orléans, Tours and Lyon were apprised of developments. - Amboise conspiracy
- The wild, eccentric Rimbaud displays no sense of manners or decency whatsoever, scandalising Verlaine's pretentious, bourgeois in-laws. - Total Eclipse (film)
- Kira Argounova, the protagonist of the story, is the younger daughter of a bourgeois family. - We the Living
- The young and bourgeois Cornelius van Baerle has almost succeeded but is suddenly thrown into the Loevestein prison. - The Black Tulip
Meaning of "bourgeois" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "bourgeois" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "bourgeois" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "bourgeois"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word bourgeois below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.