How to use "box" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "box" in popular movie and book plots
- The next morning, Francis and Alan visit dr Caligari's spectacle, where he opens a coffin-like box to reveal the sleeping Cesare. - The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari
- Marcus is tied to the spectator's box and forced to watch, much to the horror of his officers, who also attend the spectacle. - Quo Vadis (1951 film)
- Christine retrieves a box from her room and gives him poison instead of medicine. - Mourning Becomes Electra
- It was only the tip of his shoe that caught the stranger, but he went flying out of the door with his collecting box under his arm". - The Devil and Daniel Webster
- Dupin left a snuff box behind as an excuse to return the next day. - The Purloined Letter
- She further demands that the huntsman return with Snow White's heart in a jeweled box as proof of the deed. - Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937 film)
- They get into an argument over mr Matuschek's idea to sell a cigarette box that plays "Ochi Chërnye" when opened. - The Shop Around the Corner
- The projectionist buys a $1 box of chocolates, all he can afford, and changes the price to $4 before giving it and a ring to her. - Sherlock Jr.
- A woman looks into a box to view a hidden occupant and screams. - Freaks
- David finally receives the intercostal clavicle, but Susan's dog George (Asta) takes it out of its box and buries it. - Bringing Up Baby
- In Morocco, Frank Cotton buys a puzzle box from a dealer. - Hellraiser
- It turns out that she is after a mysterious box that, she believes, has contents worth a fortune. - Kiss Me Deadly
- After three failed attempts at drawing a sheep, the frustrated narrator simply draws a box, claiming that the box holds a sheep inside. - The Little Prince
- At Tiffany's, Paul has the ring from Doc Golightly's box of Cracker Jack engraved as a present for Holly. - Breakfast at Tiffany's (film)
- Betty finds a blue box in her purse that matches Rita's key. - Mulholland Drive (film)
- For her first public tryout, Higgins takes Eliza to his mother's box at Ascot Racecourse ("Ascot Gavotte"). - My Fair Lady
Meaning of "box" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "box" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "box" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "box"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word box below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.