How to use "bravado" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "bravado" in popular movie and book plots
- Although restless in his hate for Sayago, under a mask of bravado and machisimo, Julián harbors doubts. - Time to Die (1985 film)
- A visiting relative of the neighbours, an old pious looking lady instills some bravado in Mohini and takes her back to her house. - Avunu (film)
- Using bravado and improvisation to fit in, the chameleon presents himself to the townsfolk as a tough drifter named Rango. - Rango (2011 film)
- Their enthusiasm and bravado soon give way to hunger, which saps their strength and causes them to despair. - Van Diemen's Land (film)
- Belle's bravado during the attacks earns her a reputation among the locals as well as the love of Starr himself. - Belle Starr (film)
- She says: "It created acts of terrorism out of his fantasies of bravado and bigotry, and then made those fantasies come true". - Robert Fuller (FBI)
- The story begins when Stinkfoot suddenly appears with enormous bravado after going missing for these nine long years. - Stinkfoot, a Comic Opera
- His bravado is short-lived, however. - The Machine's Child
- After greeting the others as their storybook counterparts, Jack walks off into the night with the bravado of "Jack the Giant-Killer". - Jack and the Beanstalk (1952 film)
- He loses a bit of his bravado when he suddenly gets surrounded by the Gorillas. - Baseball Bugs
- The plot centers on misfit Jerry Plunkett (James Cagney), who displays a mixture of bravado and cowardice. - The Fighting 69th
- He jokingly calls them ghosts (despite having told his servants with great bravado that ghosts do not exist). - The Saragossa Manuscript (film)
- All of Roschmann's arrogance and bravado deserts him, and he is reduced to begging for his life. - The Odessa File
- The next morning on the way to Hanau, Pantaleone’s earlier bravado has largely faded. - Torrents of Spring
- However, he is quickly revealed to be a coward hiding behind bravado as Dorothy stands up for her friends. - The Wiz
- In an extraordinary act of bravado Catesby had planned to go hunting with James, but was warned of the betrayal by Monteagle's servant. - Robert Catesby
Meaning of "bravado" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "bravado" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "bravado" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "bravado"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word bravado below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.