How to use "break" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "break" in popular movie and book plots
- He gives stagehand Ray Bolger his break as well. - The Great Ziegfeld
- Geoffrey offers to return Almásy to Cairo on his plane since the expedition will break camp with the coming of war. - The English Patient
- During the official launch of the K-19, the bottle of champagne fails to break when it strikes the bow, known to be a sign of ill fortune. - K-19: The Widowmaker
- She and Phil break their engagement. - Gentleman's Agreement
- Pursuing them to the castle's helipad, Miller arrives just as Rachel manages to break free, leading Dog to shoot her. - Time Crisis (video game)
- He then tries to break up a distribution of soma to a lower-caste group and is set upon by the outraged recipients. - Brave New World
- Eugene and Claire leave the village together but break up for good. - Until the End of the World
- When Fergus takes him into the woods to carry out the sentence, Jody makes a break for it. - The Crying Game
- The lights go out moments later, and the zombies break through the barricades. - Night of the Living Dead
- Claire decides to break her "pristine" virgin appearance by kissing Bender in the closet and giving him a hickey. - The Breakfast Club
- Elaine manages to break free from her mother, who then slaps her. - The Graduate
- His victims fall backward down a revolving trapdoor into the basement of his shop, generally causing them to break their necks or skulls. - Sweeney Todd
- As a result, the Misses Steele are turned out of the house, and Edward is ordered to break off the engagement on pain of disinheritance. - Sense and Sensibility
- Betty and Rita go to Diane Selwyn's apartment and break in when no one answers the door. - Mulholland Drive (film)
- Sheridan is tortured and interrogated by those who hope to break him and turn him into a propaganda tool for Earth's totalitarian government. - Babylon 5
- Violence and looting break out on a small scale, and the authorities respond by declaring martial law and imposing a curfew. - The Plague
Meaning of "break" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "break" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "break" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "break"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word break below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.