How to use "bribe" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "bribe" in popular movie and book plots
- There, Kevin learns that Max intends to secretly bribe the senators, and replaces the bribe money with insulting notes in Max's name. - What's the Worst That Could Happen?
- But, unknown to her, the bail is a bribe (paid, through the police, to Babu Gujjar's gang), and Babu Gujjar arrives to collect his prize. - Bandit Queen
- Sébastien attempts to bribe hospital administration for better care, and calls Rémy's old friends about a possible visit. - The Barbarian Invasions
- Grace goes to Tom that evening and they decide to bribe the freight truck driver Ben to smuggle her out of town in his truck. - Dogville
- On their return, Boldwood offers his rival a large bribe to give up Bathsheba. - Far from the Madding Crowd
- Jessup escapes, after a relatively brief incarceration, when his friends bribe one of the camp guards. - It Can't Happen Here
- She devises a plan to make Lilli leave, if she will bribe some people to help get Lilli's true love out of jail, she will leave Paul. - Valiant Is the Word for Carrie
- After discovering they might bribe their way into the club, the brothers drive around looking for an ATM. - A Night at the Roxbury
- Afterwards, it was discovered that Hunk attempted to bribe the guards to drop the punishment, but to no avail. - Jailhouse Rock (film)
- After killing the train driver, Payne attempts a bribe with the ransom money but is enraged when a paint bomb in the money bag goes off. - Speed (1994 film)
- Nomi wants to prosecute Carver, but Zack tells her the Stardust will bribe Molly to quiet her in order to protect their celebrity client. - Showgirls
- Dion and Belle bribe the local politicians to set up a saloon on the street where the tramline will pass. - In Old Chicago
- The taxman demands 20,000 gulden, an exorbitant sum, but accepts a bribe of 5000 in exchange for assessing 2000 in taxes. - The House of Rothschild
- He soon manages to bribe the hotel's clerk into taking him to Kathy Nelson, a forger of government documents. - Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said
- During the hunt, the Banker finds himself attacked by a bandersnatch, and loses his sanity after trying to bribe the creature. - The Hunting of the Snark
- He tries and fails to bribe his way out of his criminal case using the jewels from his championship belt instead of selling the belt itself. - Raging Bull
Meaning of "bribe" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "bribe" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "bribe" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "bribe"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word bribe below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.