How to use "brittle" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "brittle" in popular movie and book plots
- Although a bow is found, it is too brittle to have fired the arrow. - Charlie Chan at Treasure Island
- Five years later, he has very brittle bones, but is very active, rambunctious and intelligent, capturing even Piotr's affection. - Barrayar
- Meanwhile, Bergen informs Jean of his disappointment when he discovers that the cocoons are too brittle to unweave. - Here We Go Again (film)
- Valerie develops brittle bones and her arm breaks just from Thirteen turning her arm over. - Remorse (House)
- Trying to Grow features a young man, born in Bombay, with brittle bones, who would never grow taller than four feet. - Trying to Grow
- Willow suffers from Type III osteogenesis imperfecta (OI), a disease also known as brittle bone syndrome. - Handle with Care (novel)
- They have found, however, that even the best quality metal alloys available eventually turn brittle in the harsh environment of outer space. - Riders to the Stars
- Mulder finds that a wall in the office has become extremely brittle and crumbles at the slightest touch. - Trevor (The X-Files)
- Alex McNetti (Rich George) has a rare disease which gives him very brittle bones. - Bone Sickness
- He frees her legs from a brittle cocoon-like substance and covers her as best as he can. - Silent Night, Deadly Night 4: Initiation
- Unable to control their power, the angel-like giants burn Silvia's body and leave only "a brittle burned-out husk". - Upon the Dull Earth
- The brittle behavioural armour with which Nicola has protected her psyche is now shattered and she breaks down sobbing. - Life Is Sweet (film)
- He set up an Iron Works that used a combination of acids to produce a less brittle form of iron. - The Story of the Stone (Barry Hughart)
Meaning of "brittle" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "brittle" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "brittle" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "brittle"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word brittle below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.