How to use "brooding" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "brooding" in popular movie and book plots
- As he was brooding over this slight, Norna touched his shoulder, and, assuring him of her goodwill, advised him to join the party uninvited. - The Pirate (novel)
- One day, the statue notices that Marcelino is pensive and brooding instead of happy, and tells him that he would like to reward his kindness. - Miracle of Marcelino
- This version finds David Copperfield (Robin Phillips) as a young man, brooding on a deserted beach. - David Copperfield (1969 film)
- The mysterious warrior-woman Mina, brooding on her failure and the loss of her goddess, makes a pact with evil in a seductive guise. - Amber and Ashes
- The hero of the book is John Paul Jones, who appears as always brooding upon a dark past and a darker fate. - The Pilot: A Tale of the Sea
- Everyone else at the wedding are happy, making Imriel's brooding and moping all the more poignant, though well-hidden. - Kushiel's Justice
- Josh went from a cad to a brooding young hero. - Guiding Light (1980–89)
- The brooding Count of Bassano closets himself in his cabin transformed into a temple dedicated to the diva’s memory. - And the Ship Sails On
- While brooding in the library of Wayne Manor that night, a bat crashes through the study window. - The Man Who Falls
- Curran, brooding over the previous mission, reads a book authored by Varrens. - Navy SEALs (film)
- A tired Eliza sits unnoticed, brooding and silent, while Pickering congratulates Higgins on winning the bet. - Pygmalion (play)
- He becomes a brooding alcoholic displeased with his rank, relatively low for someone with so many years of service. - Men of Honor
- The hitcher, John Ryder, is brooding and evasive; when Jim passes a stranded car, however, Ryder forces his leg down on the accelerator. - The Hitcher (1986 film)
- Kathie politely turns him down, but Johnny's dark, brooding personality visibly intrigues her. - The Wild One
- Queen, brooding over her regrettable experiences, adopts a defensive and disagreeable attitude, which becomes obvious to everyone around her. - Alex Haley's Queen
- He is brooding alone in his office when he receives his final client: Landry, the crime-fiction author who created him. - Umney's Last Case
Meaning of "brooding" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "brooding" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "brooding" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "brooding"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word brooding below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.