How to use "brunt" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "brunt" in popular movie and book plots
- An old artisan in a Middle Eastern town finds himself the brunt of abuse from the townspeople, due to his hunch-back. - Die Geschichte vom kleinen Muck
- Unable to express his anger, he finds other ways to release it and it’s Chand who bears the brunt of his repressed rage. - Heaven on Earth (film)
- Longstreet's corps largely bore the brunt of the fighting there, so it's mainly kept in reserve at Fredrick. - Never Call Retreat: Lee and Grant: The Final Victory
- Despite his firepower, Megatron is able to overcome him and the two fall off a building, with Prime taking the brunt of the damage. - The Transformers: Megatron Origin
- Eventually the full brunt of the storm hits with its most destructive forces taking out many of the ships systems. - Fair Haven (Star Trek: Voyager)
- Damiens bore the brunt of this conspiracy in silence while the aristocrats remained immune. - Mam'zelle Guillotine
- Cross and Groza pull the bed on them to shelter themselves from the brunt of the bomb. - Cat and Mouse (novel)
- But the incorrigible brothers come in an inebriated condition for their engagement and Rajaram faces the brunt of Devi's ire. - Annayya (2000 film)
- Though Sarah receives the brunt of paranormal harassment, Caleb and later Pogue see a "darkling," a dead spirit and malicious omen. - The Covenant (film)
- Turns out later Handsome faces the brunt of getting a job from Gavin. - One Leg Kicking
- Keiichi awakens just in time to notice the oncoming wave, and rushes to cover Belldandy, so that he will take the brunt of the blow for her. - Ah! My Goddess: The Movie
- Henderson moves in front of Bud and takes the brunt of the bullet's damage, though the bullet hits Pewtie after going through Henderson. - Dirty White Boys
- Painter Eric Landor (Michael Gough) bears the brunt of one of Marsh's tirades, but gets even by humiliating the critic publicly. - Dr. Terror's House of Horrors
- Guy is humiliated and forced to bear the brunt of his insults. - Swimming with Sharks
- The first neighbor to bear the brunt of this snub is Mrs Haraguchi. - Good Morning (film)
- A clan of bandits led by the incompetent Abis Mal return to their hideout, only to have the brunt of their loot stolen by Aladdin and Abu. - The Return of Jafar
Meaning of "brunt" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "brunt" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "brunt" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "brunt"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word brunt below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.