How to use "build" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "build" in popular movie and book plots
- When they arrive on Mars, Santa and the children build a factory to make toys for the children. - Santa Claus Conquers the Martians
- She starts to build a group of regular customers, and, to Reynaud's dismay, she doesn't go out of business. - Chocolat (novel)
- While walking through his cornfield one evening, he hears a voice whispering, "If you build it, he will come". - Field of Dreams
- Greybar and Skunk suggest to Nathaniel that a woman named Calli (Ann Magnuson) can help build his confidence. - Cabin Boy
- The children ask their father to help build a better kite, but he dismisses them. - Mary Poppins (film)
- Urged by Dathan, they build a golden calf as an idol to take back to Egypt, hoping to win Rameses' forgiveness. - The Ten Commandments (1956 film)
- To better protect his workers, Schindler bribes Göth into allowing him to build a sub-camp. - Schindler's List
- They are successful and eventually build a thriving community. - Time Enough for Love
- When the Lermers are finally reunited on their own homestead, they build their house with a pressurized room for Peggy. - Farmer in the Sky
- When the man says the aluminum from the aircraft is being salvaged to build housing, Fred persuades the boss to hire him. - The Best Years of Our Lives
- Arriving at the village, they have the villagers build fortifications and begin to train them to defend themselves. - The Magnificent Seven
- They realize that Blair is assimilated and has been scavenging equipment to build a small escape craft. - The Thing (1982 film)
- Eboshi vows to build a better town, as the forest begins to grow. - Princess Mononoke
- The audience sees Nanook, often with his family, hunt a walrus, build an igloo, go about his day, and perform other tasks. - Nanook of the North
- The attacks build to a crisis, and the college community of students, dons and servants is almost torn apart by suspicion and fear. - Gaudy Night
- Bernstein recalls how Kane hired the best journalists available to build the Inquirers circulation. - Citizen Kane
Meaning of "build" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "build" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "build" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "build"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word build below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.