How to use "burly" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "burly" in popular movie and book plots
- He is caught by a burly man who identifies himself as the tooth fairy. - Tooth and Consequences
- They then manage to acquire the diamond and make a quick exit, but not before dealing with a burly guard. - Rumpus in the Harem
- At the lumberjack picnic Glendon fights and defeats "Ruffhouse" Kelly (Woods) a burly man from a rival lumbering camp. - Conflict (1936 film)
- Shortly afterwards, Woody's second and primary customer is a burly Italian construction worker who asks for "the whole works". - The Barber of Seville (1944 film)
- They then manage to acquire the diamond and make a quick exit, but not before dealing with a burly guard (Everett Brown). - Malice in the Palace
- The boys overpower the hotel's burly chef and visit the singer, only to discover that she is indeed married to the composer. - Swiss Miss (film)
- A burly policeman breaks down Jekyll's door to find that the kindly doctor is dead after taking poison. - Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1912 film)
- Del tries chatting up a "French" woman but loses out to a burly Englishman. - It Never Rains...
- Big and burly African-American soldier Eddie Turner (Joe De Sue) stepped on a land mine while serving in Vietnam and lost both arms and legs. - Blackenstein
- As the burly killer takes aim at Tom, Prent takes a heavy mallet and clubs Ed to death. - Broken Trail
- The kid's burly father emerges and orders Ollie back down the stairs to fetch it. - Block-Heads
- They dispatch most of them with ease, although Hero has a protracted wrestling match with a burly crony. - Death Run
- A burly workman named Ben gets on several floors below. - Elevated (film)
- The platoon's machine gun team is composed of the burly Private Duffy and his mismatched, bespectacled companion, Private Gaigin. - Hamburger Hill
- King Moody (originally appearing as a generic KAOS killer) portrayed the dim-witted but burly Shtarker, Siegfried's assistant. - Get Smart
- King attends with his ditzy moll Norma Cassidy (Lesley Ann Warren) and burly bodyguard Bernstein (Alex Karras),ka. - Victor/Victoria
Meaning of "burly" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "burly" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "burly" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "burly"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word burly below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.